1. Download StbEmu (Free) from the Google Play Store onto your Android device
2. Load StbEmu and you will see this screen
3. Tap near the top-right corner, then click Settings—the 4th icon from the right
4. Tap Profiles
5. Tap Test portal to modify the existing profile or Add profile to create a new one
6. Tap STB Model.
7. Tap MAG 250, or whichever STB you wish to emulate
8. Tap Portal settings
9. Tap Portal URL
10. Enter your Portal URL, which was emailed to you in your “Confirmation email”, and press OK
11. Now tap Screen Resolution
12. We recommend you choose 1280×720. You are welcome to choose higher, but it may be laggy.
13. MOST IMPORTANT STEP: Scroll down and find MAC address. This is an important number because it is how your IPTV service will identify your set top box.
14. You must change the default MAC address; tap on MAC address.
- We recommend changing some of the last 3 sets of characters. The format must be XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX.
- The Xs can be numbers (ranging from 0–9) or letters (ranging from A–F) in any of the fields. You will need to remember this code, so write it down somewhere.
- You may also need to come back to this screen to edit the MAC, if somebody else is already emulating the MAC you have chosen.
- You will find out if it has already been taken when you try to activate your STB, or we will contact you to tell you so.
All done. Once you get an email saying your order’s been completed, you can launch StbEmu.